I read a lot. You should too. The field of sport science, especially as it relates to soccer, is burgeoning and to stay relevant you can’t rest on your laurels. I have many blogs that I follow through my iPad RSS reader (I love the Newsify app if you’re in the market). Here are some of the soccer fitness blogs you should be reading:
- Complementary Training?(A blog from Mladen Jovanovic. Of all the blogs I read on various subjects, this is one of my favorites)
- Science of Soccer Online (Not regularly updated but great content from Dr. Jay Williams)
- Empowered Athlete?(A blog from Mat Herold)
- Science in Football?(A blog from George Nassis)
- Soccer Fitness (Very irregular updates but good content)
- Soccer Sport Science?(I just recently started following this one and the content seems good)
- ELITETRACK (I own this one and it’s technically a Track & Field site but Carl Valle often blogs on soccer related science and technology updates)
- Football Science
- Pub Med (technically not a blog but this is where I pull most of the abstracts that I’ll post on this site)
There are plenty of other training or sport science blogs I read that are more general in nature but those are the soccer related ones I tend to read. If you have any to share please post to the comments.
The following two tabs change content below.
Director of Performance at Athletic Lab
Mike is the Head Fitness Coach for the North Carolina Courage and North Carolina FC. He is also the owner and Director of Performance at Athletic Lab sports performance training center. He previously served as the fitness coach for the Vancouver Whitecaps and Carolina Railhawks. He has a PhD in Biomechanics, an MS in Coaching Science, and a BSS in Exercise Physiology and has coached Olympic and professional athletes in Skeleton, Track & Field, MLS and NASL Soccer, PGA Golf, NFL Football, MLB Baseball and Olympic Weightlifting. He has lectured around the world and authored 2 books and dozens of research and coaching articles.
Latest posts by Mike Young (see all)
- Brilliant Hamstring Injury Observations from Dave Joyce - September 26, 2018
- Sprint exposure for speed enhancement AND injury reduction - April 4, 2018
- Variance in the Soccer Warmup - April 3, 2018
I enjoy, lead to I discovered exactly what I was having a look for.
You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye